Monday, February 3, 2014

The Bund


The Bund is arguably the most famous area in Shanghai. It is a waterfront area with a view that resembles the ones in Avenue of the Stars in Hong Kong and Osanbashi pier in Yokohama, Japan. Like those two spots, the Bund may be visited during the day, but it may be better to check it out at night.

There's no train station that's exactly on The Bund, but I think the nearest one would be East Nanjing Road of subway Line 2, though I never really had to take the train going there since our hotel, Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel, was fairly close to the area. It was just a 15-minute walk along Jiujiang Road, and I saw the said train station along the way. Anyway, the area is like a park, so there's no need to pay any admission fee, though there's really an actual park, Huangpu Park, on the northern side of the area. I wasn't able to go there as I was satisfied with the view of the Pudong area from the viewing deck. There's also a pedestrian tunnel through the river, but since it was New Year's eve when I was there, there were really too much people for me and I just decided to go back to the hotel before the actual New Year festivities started. Here are my pictures of The Bund.








No comments:

Post a Comment