Wednesday, March 6, 2013

One Day Taipei Stop 1: Longshan Temple



Longshan Temple is the first stop in the itinerary described in my One Day Taipei trip overview. From what I heard, the best time to visit this temple is early in the morning, so I scheduled it as such. But waking up late and enjoying the hotel breakfast made this first stop not that early. We were there at around 11:00, but there were still a lot of people praying at that time. We got off at Longshan Temple station and went out to what I thought was a night marketplace. I don't know if the statues serve as a preview of the temple, but they worked for me.




After getting through the main gate, we were greeted by a water fall to the right and a fountain to the left. The first picture in this post is the facade of the temple. I wasn't able to include them in the picture but there were two doors on the sides, one for entry and the other one for exit.

Though there were some tourists, most of the people were praying followers. Flower and food offerings were also on the tables all around the temple grounds. There were also some people who prayed around the perimeter of the temple, and I wasn't really sure about their purpose. Anyway, we just went around, observed what other tourists were doing (or not doing), took pictures of their temple with respect, and went out after an hour. We went back to the Longshan Temple station and moved on to our next stop: Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall.













No comments:

Post a Comment